Saturday, December 14, 2013

100-Word Sci-Fi: "Taste Test"

Every Saturday, I write a hundred-word sci-fi story based on a random word. Today's word is "chicken."
Source: stock.xchng
Taste Test
By Nigel G. Mitchell

The waiter came fluttering down from the kitchen on the upper level of the restaurant to set a plate on the table in front of Chirp. "Enjoy."

As the waiter flew away, Chirp's feathers ruffled. He looked down at the plate with its strange blue meat in the center, and felt a little squeamish. "I don't know about this. I can't believe you talked me into trying Yolandan food."

His girlfriend Kaw had already taken a bite, and her beak worked around it. "Oh, don't be such a baby. Try it. It's good. It tastes just like human."

Related Posts
100-Word Sci-Fi: "More Power"
100-Word Sci-Fi: "Speech Therapy"
100-Word Sci-Fi: "Interrogation"

To hear about my new releases first and get a free short story, sign up for my newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment

To be the first to find out about my new releases, as well as a free ebook, sign up here: http://eepurl.com/xALKv.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...