Saturday, November 16, 2013

100-Word Sci-Fi: "Interrogation"

Every Saturday, I write a 100-word story based on a random word. Today's random word is "table."
Detective Rick Velasco bragged he could break anybody, but Joey Calhoun thought his partner had met his match this time. Joey watched the silhouette of the man sitting in a spotlight, handcuffed to the table. His partner’s voice boomed from the shadows.

“That’s it. I’m through playing around. Joey, get the chainsaw.”

The table rose up onto two of its legs. It raised the other two legs in the air. A face on the underside of the table blurted, "Okay, okay, I'll talk."

His partner grinned as he stood up from the table, handcuff still on his wrist. “Told you.”
 
To hear about my new releases first and get a free short story, sign up for my newsletter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To be the first to find out about my new releases, as well as a free ebook, sign up here: http://eepurl.com/xALKv.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...