Saturday, November 30, 2013

100-Word Sci-Fi: "More Power"

Image courtesy of Victor Habbick / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Every Saturday, I write a 100-word story based on a random word. Today’s word is “spike.” 

More Power
By Nigel G. Mitchell

The starship’s bridge shuddered as Captain Roark yelled, “More power to the engines, Jetty! We’ve got to go faster!”

Jetty turned to face him. "You know, that's not how the engines work. They don't go faster because they have more power."

The ship shuddered as Roark yelled, “I said, more power! Divert all power to the cannons!”

“Again, captain, more power won’t make them hit harder. I’m trying to explain—“

Roark slammed his fist on his chair’s arm. “Jetty, don’t argue with me! I said, more power!”

Jetty shrugged. “Aye, captain.”

He pushed a button.

The starship's engines exploded.

To hear about my new releases first and get a free short story, sign up for my newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment

To be the first to find out about my new releases, as well as a free ebook, sign up here: http://eepurl.com/xALKv.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...