Saturday, November 2, 2013

100-Word Sci-Fi: "Superfood"

Source: stock.xchng
Every Saturday, I write a 100-word story based on a random word. Today's random word is "vitamins." 

Superfood
By Nigel G. Mitchell

Doctor Zechariah Ash held up the fruit in his gloved hand. "Gentlemen, this apple has been genetically engineered to be the most nutritious food on Earth. It's a true superfood."

General Cole Washington nodded. "Okay, but you said there's a problem."

"Yes. I'm afraid I might have been a little too-"

Muscular arms sprouted from the apple's sides. Ash yelped and dropped the apple.

When it hit the ground, the apple stood on tiny legs. It picked up a nearby chair. The apple used the chair to smash through the nearest window, leaped through the hole, and flew off into the clouds.


To hear about my new releases first and get a free short story, sign up for my newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment

To be the first to find out about my new releases, as well as a free ebook, sign up here: http://eepurl.com/xALKv.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...