Sunday, October 6, 2013

100-Word Sci-Fi: "One-Up"

Every week, I write a hundred word story based on a random word. This week's word is "changeup."

One-Up
By Nigel G. Mitchell

Joseph Townsend turned to face the cheering crowds and reporters. "In a moment, I will activate the tachyon beam, and faster-than-light travel will be a reality."

As he reached for the controls, Townsend hoped Brian Jolley was watching and eating his heart out.

In a flash of light, a roaring Tyrannosaurus Rex appeared in the center of the stage. A man sat astride the T-Rex, shooting laser guns at the ceiling.

Jolley lowered the guns and grinned at the crowds. "I apologize for that, but I think you'll find this time machine a bit more interesting."

Townsend scowled. "Show off."

No comments:

Post a Comment

To be the first to find out about my new releases, as well as a free ebook, sign up here: http://eepurl.com/xALKv.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...