Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sample Sunday: "Couch Potato Returns"

Today's Sample Sunday is from my WIP, Couch Potato Returns. It's going to be a while before it's released, considering I haven't even released the original The Adventures of Couch Potato, but what the heck. I think it's self-explanatory, except to say that Couch Potato is a fat, balding, lazy TV addict who gets transformed into a fat, balding, lazy TV addict with superpowers who calls himself Couch Potato.


"What is this," Couch Potato whispered. "What'd you do to me? Who is that?"

Doctor Turvy stalked towards him. "That is exactly what it looks like - an exact duplicate of you, produced by my Identity Inversion Molecular Projector. It created a copy of you with all your powers, memories, and abilities with one important difference. The clone is the exact opposite of you. Whereas you will always fight for the side of good, your duplicate fights for evil."

Couch Potato's brow furrowed. "Wait, that's it? He's my exact opposite, so he's evil?"

Turvy raised an eyebrow. "Yes. What's your point?"

"Well, that just seems kind of limited. If he's my opposite, then shouldn't he be thin? And tall?"

"I say," Flop said. "Fellow makes a very good point. If he was truly his opposite, shouldn't Evil Carl actually be a woman?"

"And black," Flip added.

Couch Potato added, "And breathe carbon dioxide."

"Good one," Flop said. "And you're balding, so your clone should have a lot of hair. I say, this is jolly good fun..."

"Silence," Doctor Turvy roared. "Don't labor the point. All right, some things about the clone are the exact opposite of you. But we need him to pass as you. So it's just a personality change."

Carl raised his eyebrows. "Does Evil Carl sleep during the day?"

"Shut up."

"Is Evil Carl gay?"

"Just let it go."

To hear about my new releases first and get a free short story, sign up for my newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment

To be the first to find out about my new releases, as well as a free ebook, sign up here: http://eepurl.com/xALKv.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...