Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Read "The Girl Who Played With the Dragon Tattoo's Nest" For Free

I recently re-read The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, and while I enjoyed it, it does have its quirks. Like a lot of Swedish street names. And sandwiches. And the Mary Sue-like main character. And the hacking, which is (while more accurate than most fictional hacking) kind of ridiculous. And did I mention that it's Swedish? Because the author does, a lot. I actually became a little obsessed with the book in my head, running over all the weird things in it.

Anyway, just for fun, I started writing a parody of it that I call The Girl Who Played With the Dragon Tattoo's Nest. It was just supposed to be a quick 6000-word thing, but I've already passed that mark, and it's still going. It may end up being an actual thing instead of just a quick gag. I'm working on it for fun in-between projects, so I don't know when or even if I'll ever finish it. But you can read my progress on Wattpad for free. Let me know what you think.

And if you want to read a much shorter but undoubtedly funnier parody of Dragon Tattoo, check out Nora Ephron's short story, "The Girl Who Fixed the Umlaut."

To hear about my new releases first and get a free book of fifty 100-word short stories, sign up here. Your email will never be shared, and you'll only receive messages about new releases.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To be the first to find out about my new releases, as well as a free ebook, sign up here: http://eepurl.com/xALKv.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...