Sunday, October 19, 2014

100-Word Sci-Fi: "In the Corner"

This week's story was inspired by the random word "shadows."

In the Corner
by Nigel G. Mitchell

Talia Omar patted her daughter's hand. "I'm telling you, there are no monsters."

Hillary huddled deeper under the blankets. "But I saw it. There in the corner."

Talia pointed to the corner of the bedroom. "Do you see it there now?"

"No, but it was there. In the dark."

Talia stood up. "I'm going to turn off the lights, okay? I'll be right here." She switched off the lights. "I'm still here. Now do you see the monster in the corner?"

Hillary's wide eyes showed in the darkness. "No."

"See?"

"Because it's right behind you."

Talia turned around and screamed.

To hear about my new releases first and get a free book of fifty 100-word short stories, sign up here. Your email will never be shared, and you'll only receive messages about new releases.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To be the first to find out about my new releases, as well as a free ebook, sign up here: http://eepurl.com/xALKv.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...