Sunday, September 14, 2014

100-Word Sci-Fi: "Act of Aggression"

Every week, I write a hundred-word story inspired by a random word. This week's word is "smile."

Act of Aggression
by Nigel G. Mitchell

Glenn Roberts looked up at the judge, who glared down at him with six narrowed eyes.

"You are charged with threatening a High Lord of the Mitandi, which calls for death. However, I believe your display of teeth is your people's gesture of friendship known as a smile. Therefore, I sentence you to ten hours of cultural sensitivity training."

"Thank you, Supreme Justice," Glenn sighed, and smiled.

The judge lunged to his feet. "What? You dare threaten me, a Supreme Justice? The sentence is death! Immediately!"

Glenn screamed as the courtroom roared in outrage, and the soldiers descended on him.

To hear about my new releases first and get a free book of fifty 100-word short stories, sign up here. Your email will never be shared, and you'll only receive messages about new releases.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To be the first to find out about my new releases, as well as a free ebook, sign up here: http://eepurl.com/xALKv.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...