Monday, July 14, 2014

100-Word Sci-Fi: "A Clone of My Own"

Every week, I write a hundred-word story inspired by a random word. This week's word is "clone."

A Clone of My Own 
by Nigel G. Mitchell

Page Widrick thought having a clone would be awesome. She could have her clone clean up her house and go to college while she relaxed and watched TV.

She set the cloning machine down on the kitchen table, took a deep breath, and pushed the button.

Page opened her eyes. She looked down at another version of herself, still holding down the button on the machine.

"Awesome. It looks just like me." The other Page held out a mop and bucket to her. "You can start in the living room. Work until twelve, and class starts at one o'clock sharp."

To hear about my new releases first and get a free ebook of fifty hundred-word stories, sign up here. Your email will never be shared, and you'll only receive messages about new releases.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To be the first to find out about my new releases, as well as a free ebook, sign up here: http://eepurl.com/xALKv.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...