Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Q&A: What Inspires You to Write?

I'd like to hear the answer to this question: what inspires you to write?

My answer is that I write because I have ideas for stories that I'd like to read. No one else is writing them, so I write them myself. My Sliders fan fiction started because I had ideas for stories the show wouldn't or couldn't do. Really Wild Things came out of my regret that Douglas Adams died without producing one more Guide book. I wished I could get another. When I get an idea for a story, sometimes I get excited just at the thought of reading it. When I came up with Six Guns of Madness, I thought how cool it would be to see cowboys facing a gigantic Lovecraftian monster. That one image drove me to write the entire novella to get to that moment. Along the way, I got to put in some steampunk, a genre I always wanted to write in. I like to see my ideas become real, and I want to share them with others.

How about you?

To hear about my new releases first and get a free short story, sign up here. Your email will never be shared, and you'll only receive messages about new releases.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To be the first to find out about my new releases, as well as a free ebook, sign up here: http://eepurl.com/xALKv.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...