Saturday, May 3, 2014

100-Word Sci-Fi: "Wake Up"

Every week, I write a hundred-word story inspired by a random word. This week's word is "sleep."
Eye, Source: Wikimedia Commons
Wake Up
By Nigel G. Mitchell

I don't know what you're supposed to be seeing here, but this is what we need you to see. Wake up. No matter what time or space you think you're in, it's wrong. You've been in a coma for ten years. We know you're dreaming, but we can't get you out of it. The doctors are talking about pulling the plug. I won't let them. I can't let you go just like that. That's why a friend of mine found a way to send you this message. Please wake up. Just open your eyes. Now. We miss you. Please, wake up.

To hear about my new releases first and get a free short story, sign up here. Your email will never be shared, and you'll only receive messages about new releases.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To be the first to find out about my new releases, as well as a free ebook, sign up here: http://eepurl.com/xALKv.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...