Saturday, December 21, 2013

100-Word Sci-Fi: "Into the Sunset"

Every Saturday, I write a hundred-word sci-fi story based on a random word. Today's word is "sunset."
Sunset, Source: stock.xchng
Into the Sunset
By Nigel G. Mitchell

As the townspeople cheered, Roger Roy pushed back the brim of his cowboy hat. "My work here is done. Guess it's time for me to ride off into the sunset."

He smiled down at Melinda. "I'm sorry, Miss Meadows, but I've gotta go. Where I'm going, you can't follow."

Roger snapped the reins and sent his horse thundering down Main Street. At the town limits, his horse's hooves lifted off the ground. The town watched with open mouths as the horse galloped higher into the sky. Roger and his horse disappeared in the cool red light of the setting sun.

To hear about my new releases first and get a free short story, sign up for my newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment

To be the first to find out about my new releases, as well as a free ebook, sign up here: http://eepurl.com/xALKv.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...