Google Doodle on scifi comedy author Douglas Adams, I'm reminded of the wit, humor, and intelligence of this truly hilarious and influential comedian. Of course, he's best known for the radio play/novel/TV series/movie, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Here are ten things Adams said, either in person or print, that are his best quotes.
1. "I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by."
2. "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
3. "It can hardly be a coincidence that no language on Earth has ever produced the expression 'As pretty as an airport.'"
4. "Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
5. "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
6. "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
7. "In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."
8. "A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
9. "Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
10. "Don't panic."
The Huffington Post
How much do I love the Hitchhiker's series? I wrote my own. My original Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy novel, Really Wild Things, is available in epub format and PDF format, but I'll be releasing it on other formats very soon. Stay tuned, enjoy, and don't panic.
If you'd like to sign up to my mailing list to be the first to hear of my new book releases, go here. Your email will never be shared, and you will only receive messages about new releases.