Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Q&A: What Books Are Better Than the Movie?

It's kind of a cliche that movies based on novels are usually not as good as the source material. It's almost inevitable, since movies are (on average) two hours long and usually have to cut a lot of stuff. Movies also can't portray the lyrical writing or internal dialogue inherent in fiction. So this week's question is, what's the last book you read that was better than the movie?

I guess the one that springs to mind for me is always Jurassic Park. I read that before I ever saw the movie, and was blown away by it. When I saw the movie, it was good, but not nearly as intense and complex as the novel. They also cut huge chunks out of the book. Some of the deleted scenes, like attacks by pteranodons, ended up being used in the sequels.

How about you? Let me know in the comments.

To hear about my new releases first and get a free short story, sign up for my newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment

To be the first to find out about my new releases, as well as a free ebook, sign up here: http://eepurl.com/xALKv.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...